Every bird's wing can avoid decaying when mummified in humble Kosher salt. It can be purified by a machine placed in parallel to your ear--"I don't know why exactly birds sing either, but I can hear them loud and clear with this thing! But if you push this contraption any deeper it'll burst into a flower that will bloom into either the one gesture you choose for the fingers of Baby Jesus, or a gun. It's impossible to tell which.""But if I concentrate hard enough, I know I can hold them both at bay. Just furrow the folds of your brow into the pages of a book entitled SHHH: A Novel. Too bad its pages are filled with angry hands. All they want to do is fight and they feel most comfortable in a fist, their thumbs are a mystery to them. I hope that one day they get the courage to climb out of the sentences, run across my spine, and hurtle through the air--shedding their dirty, dirty skin and the marrow in their bones before diving into a Tupperware container doing its best to saturate the potential of all the ancient skies."
(But their aim must be precise, because the icy water wants them right back where they belong.)

I acctually can not think of a word to explain how amazed I am by what you have wrote. I've been looking for someone to share what I have written myself, and I havent found such a person until now. I believe your the right person to give me the critism i need to grow as a writer, I would really appreciate it if you would take a look at my writing, it's not all great, but I feel I have potential.
ReplyDeleteI love your writing and I am hoping this is your writing, because if it is i LOVE the line "I hope that one day they get the courage to climb out of the sentences, run across my spine, and hurtle through the air-"
-Jamie Lynn, a young girl with something to prove.